AC MAINTENANCE SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO
Regular maintenance plans are the most effective ways to prevent cooling system failure. The same is true with your heating and ventilation system.
A certified technician could:
- remove refrigerant from the system if needed and dispose of them properly
- test if the refrigerant is leaking with a leak detector
- check for the right level of refrigerant
- verify electric control sequence to make sure heating and cooling don’t run simultaneously
- measure airflow passing through the evaporator coil
- check and seal duct leakage in the central system, if there’s any
- clean and tighten connections, apply a non-conductive coating if necessary, and check terminals
- oil motors and check belts for tightness and damages
- check thermostat accuracy
AC MAINTENANCE SERVICE YOU CAN DO AT HOME
Any preventive maintenance should really start at home. Here are some tips for a do-it-yourself service: Check your filter monthly
Check furnace filter frequently to avoid dirt building up in the system. Of course, a clean air filter means a more efficient system and better air quality. Remove dust on the vents, clean the outdoor unit, or the condenser.